In order to provide all students who use the library with the positive learning climate they
deserve, the library staff uses the following discipline plan. We believe all students can behave appropriately in the library and we will not tolerate any student stopping other students and/or staff from learning and working.
Expectations Of Students:
- Students who come to the library from study hall must have a full period pass from the library staff or a fifteen minute pass from their study hall teacher. Individual students who come from a class must have a pass from their teacher. All students must leave their passes at the circulation counter when they arrive.
- Students on fifteen minute passes and individual students from classes must sign in on the sign-in sheet at the circulation counter.
- Students are expected to come directly to the library from study hall or class. Errands are permitted only with permission from a library staff person.
- Students are expected to work quietly.
- Students must have work or reading to do for the entire period.
- Students are expected to follow directions given by the library staff.
- Students are expected to behave courteously and to respect other people and their property. Food and candy, along with use of playing cards, personal music devices and cell phones, are not permitted in the library.
- Students are expected not to move furniture and to sit no more than four people to a table.
If A Student Chooses Not To Follow An Expectation:
1st violation: Return to study hall; no passes for five school days.
2nd violation: Return to study hall; no passes for ten school days.
3rd violation: Return to study hall; no passes for twenty school days.
4th violation: Return to study hall; no passes for sixty school days.
5th violation: Return to study hall; no passes for the remainder of the school year.
Students who are restricted from using the library during study hall time always have access to the library before and after school and during break time.