BHS Honors Wind Ensemble
Auditions for Honors Wind Ensemble will require the same prepared materials as District 3 auditions. This includes the prepared excerpt, scales and sight reading. More information can be found below.
Audition Dates: TBD
For scales, please note the following:
- All scales are to be memorized.
- Students can choose to prepare scales from the District scale sheet or the All State Scale sheet
- All wind instruments will perform the following scales from memory as indicated on the scale sheets: E flat, A flat, D flat, C, and F (concert pitch).
- All wind instruments will perform the chromatic scale from memory–two octaves as indicated on the scale sheets.
- All major scales are to be tongued and played at quarter note=120
Sight reading will include:
- Keys will be one of the following: concert F, E flat, A flat, G, or C (Not B flat).
- Simple meter 2/4, 3/4, 4/4
- Whole, dotted half, half, quarter, eighth, and dotted quarter notes and rests
- Repeat sign
- Tempo markings will be chosen from the following: Allegro, Largo, Andante, Moderato, Adagio, Vivace,
- Dynamic markings may include pp, p, mp, mf, f, ff, cresc., decresc,
- Articulations may include slurs, tonguing, staccato, legato, accents
- Additionally, flutes, clarinets, trumpets, saxes will include: sixteenth notes in various patterns and dotted eighth notes