Still many questions…..
I’m still getting many questions about Monday’s parade….
Here’s a breakdown of what the students need to be prepared for marching and some procedural things for Monday:
1. Students should have their music mounted on cardboard. This needs to be done BEFORE Monday.
2. Hopefully everyone has already gotten a lyre! FYI- the lyre is the device that attaches to the instrument to hold music for marching. Their are lots of different styles and each instrument uses a different design. If you have questions about a lyre for your instrument or are having trouble finding one, let me know ASAP so I can try to be of assistance!
3. Students are not allowed to wear their costumes to school. They will only have about 5 minutes at the end of the day to get into costume so plan accordingly. Students will NOT be allowed to apply make-up/spray hair dye/etc…in the building! Students not wearing a costume should wear their BJH Marching Band shirt or something similar. Dress warmly…it looks like it’s going to be chilly!!!
4. At the “walker bell” on Monday, students should get their instruments and report directly to the gymnasium where they will get everything set-up and will line up. Students should know their column letter and row number! (It also helps to know some of the names of people around you). PERCUSSIONISTS: You will be meeting with me in the band room to get set-up and run through the street beat.
5. Once we are all lined up, we’ll play through Rockin’ Halloween a couple of times, head outside, readjust our lines and spacing, and start the march down to the mall.
6. Once at the mall, we’ll play for the gathering crowd and wait in formation for the parade to begin.
7. Parade route is down Maine St., right onto Bank St., right onto Federal St.
8. When we get to the rec center, we will have 3 buses waiting for us. Each section will be assigned to a bus. You will know which bus to get on. It is VERY IMPORTANT that you get on your assigned bus so we can take attendance quickly and efficiently.
9. Once we have accounted for everyone, we will head back to the Jr. High. Students will put instruments away and will be ready to go (around 5:00 +/-).
10. Please let me know if you have any questions! Parade line up should be posted by the end of the day on Wednesday. Percussion assignments are now posted on the band room door. 😀 Looking forward to a GREAT TIME on Monday!! “Who ya gonna call….GHOSTBUSTERS!”