Important Information for Parents:
- The Band Buddies program is free and open to all Brunswick musicians in grades 5 through 8.
- The Band Buddies program is not intended for BEGINNING instruction (Beginning means “BRAND NEW” to playing the instrument, NEVER played before). Any 5th graders interested in STARTING a band instrument should be sure to register for 6th Grade Beginning Band class. Band Buddies IS intended for 5th graders who began band in the 19-20 school year as well as all current Jr. High band students.
- For now, Band Buddies will meet “virtually” via Zoom. Your musician will meet with their buddy at a designated time. All buddies will “sign in” together and then will move to “breakout rooms”. Mr. Duras and Miss Anderson will be able to check in on each room but will not be able to monitor all of the lesson.
- Because our “mentoring buddies” are volunteering their time while juggling many other commitments, we ask that your musician attend their scheduled Buddy Session or that you or your musician communicate with us at least a day in advance if they are not able to attend.
- We will accommodate as many buddy requests as we can. If we do not have a buddy available, we will place your musician on a waiting list. Thank you for your understanding and patience.
Please complete the 2020 Band Buddies Program Registration HERE.
Contact Heidi Anderson (BJH Director of Instrumental Music) or Brandon Duras (BHS Director of Instrumental Music).