Memorial Day Parade 2017!
It looks like it’s “all systems go” for tomorrow’s parade: dry (at least in the morning) and chilly! Here are the important details:
- All Jr. High Marching Band Students and Parent Volunteers should be at BJH no later than 8:00 AM. We will begin loading busses as soon as they arrive after dropping the High School Band off.
- Marching uniform is black bottoms, red marching polo shirt. The forecast is for low 50’s with a high of only 56! Remember, there will be a lot of “stand around and wait” at the parade formation site. I would recommend long pants and maybe a long sleeved shirt under your polo! Brrrrrr……..
- Students are released when the BJH Band gets to the end of the parade route. We’ll be disbanding on Station Ave. Students and Parents should have a clear plan as to where/when they will meet! There is no transportation back to the Jr. High at the end of the parade. (Reminder to percussionists, you’ll need to take your equipment home with you. Please bring it back to school Tuesday or Wednesday so we can get it cleaned up and put away, ready for next year!)
- The Parade steps off in Topsham at 9:00 AM. We should reach the end of the parade route around 10:15-10:30. The parade ends at 11:00 followed immediately by a ceremony at the gazebo on the mall. (Band members do not need to stay for the ceremony).
- If you forgot your instrument, music, lyre, etc…., please be at school by 7:45 so we can figure out a “plan B”–there is always a solution!! 😀