P.S ELA-5 Writing Craft: Produce clear and coherent writing in which the development, organization, and style are appropriate to task, purpose, and audience.
A. Create an effective introduction.
P.S. ELA-6 Research- based Writing: Compose research- based writing to examine a topic through the selection, organization, analysis, and synthesis of relevant content.
A. Gather relevant information from multiple authoritative print and digital sources
You are to use the event determined from your amendment selection as the subject for your junior research paper. Earlier this week you were required to write a thesis statement that might serve as the thesis for the research paper. The research paper is a thesis-driven composition that uses cited evidence to substantiate the point expressed in the thesis. Rhetoric therefore is delivered through the evidence not the author’s bias. The criteria for the research paper follows:
1. The paper is to be 5-7 double space pages composed according to MLA guidelines
2. You are required to use at least five different reference sources, two of which are to be off-line (non-internet) sources.
3. You are required to use at least fifteen cited pieces of information from your reference sources. You will also be required to submit a note-card document from Google Docs at least twenty pieces of evidence (facts, quotes from experts) with the MLA cited source along with the evidence that you will use in the research paper. The note cards are due separately the day of the research paper due date.
4. A bibliography is also mandatory along with a title page in the research paper.
5. The research paper is due on DAY 12 of the syllabus.
The links below will be helpful if you require further support for organizing and writing your composition according to MLA standards.
Writing a Research Paper
Research Paper Note’s Page Example
Sample Research Paper Displaying MLA Standards