February/March Newsletter

Click HERE for the full newsletter.

Dear Coffin Families,

It’s the early hours of what promises to be a sunny Sunday and I’ve  just conducted a ‘Google’ search to confirm the first day of spring. The dancing Irish moniker reminded me that today is St. Patrick’s Day.  Believe it or not, my family and all have Irish citizenship (with a last name like ‘Ciembroniewicz’ sometimes even I forget…).

In any case, it’s amazing to me that we are now in the third trimester of the school year and that spring is peeking around the corner. Invariably, March begins an extra busy time with trimester assessments, conferences, upcoming placement and Kindergarten screening (to name a few) all taking place in the upcoming weeks. With so much activity, I hope you take a few moments to reflect on the year thus far. I trust conferences were a time for you and your child’s teacher to celebrate successes. March is a wonderful time of year to see how much students have grown and to project how much more they’ll learn in the remaining months of this school year.

Spring is also budget season. In short, the philosophy we’re bringing into this process is the goal of building capacity while at the same time exercising fiscal responsibility. We are proposing to add a behavior interventionist at Coffin School as well as a Response to Intervention stipend (former will focus on direct intervention and professional development and latter will help with tracking academic and behavior data). At this point, all other staffing levels remain unchanged.

The coming weeks promise to be filled with budget news and I encourage you to follow the process and perhaps even attend the meetings (K – 8 programming meeting @ 6:00 PM on Wednesday, March 20). Placement information and more Kindergarten screening updates will be out the first week in April.

Tá súil agam go bhfuil lá breá agat!

(Wishing you the finest of days!)

Mr. C.

sciembroniewicz@brunswick.k12.me.us

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.