About this unit:
In this unit, you will learn about the history of Illuminated Letters – a style of art that originated in the Middle Ages and elevates letters into works of art. You will create a painting of your own personal Illuminated Letter on your art folder, using a variety of painting techniques, and mixing your own colors to show your knowledge of the color wheel.
- Cookie Color Wheel (Group activity – Classwork grade)
- Painting Technique Practice (Classwork grade)
- Art Folder – Illuminated Letter (Project grade)
- Color Wheel
- Paintbrush types (fan, liner, round, filbert, flat)
- Painting techniques (wash, lines, marks, gradation, Impressionist)