An easy way to play the game is using an ordinary deck of cards. Aces are given a value of 1. Be sure to remove all of the face cards from the deck.
- The object of the game is to arrange four cards and using the four basic mathematical operations (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division) to get a total of 24. Each player can use the Parentheses can also be used along with these four basic operations.
- Choose one person to deal the cards. The dealer deals out four cards face-down to each player.
- When all the cards are dealt to each player, all of the players will turn their cards over face-up in front of them and try to arrange their cards in any order and use three of the four math operations to reach the total of 24. One set of parentheses may be used.
- The first player that comes up with a total of 24 first is awarded a point. As a parent or teach overseeing the game, you might want to make sure their solution is valid.
- If nobody comes up with a solution no points are given for that round.
- Whoever has the most points after a predetermined number of rounds wins the game.
- From Learn with Math Game.com