PROFESSIONAL LEARNING COMMUNITIES SUPPORT SYSTEM: 2018-2019
Steering Committee Members:
Coffin School: Danielle Murphy
Harriet Beecher Stowe School: Emily Moll, Chairperson, Michael Larrabee
Brunswick Junior High School: Susanna Sharpe, Mary Lord
Brunswick High School: Deborah Bartley Wing, Robert Van Milligan, Margaret Dalrymple, Secretary
Administration Representative: Greg Bartlett
1. Grant certification credits for Independent Studies, In-services, Staff Development or Professional Learning Committees/Groups.
2. Assign mentors for teachers holding Provisional or Conditional Certifications or those working toward a Master Teacher Certification.
3. Approve Teacher Action or Professional Renewal Plans.
4. Maintain accurate, confidential records on your certification status.
1. To hold a valid certification for the position for which you were hired.
2. To work with the building certification representative and a mentor if necessary.
3. To file a Teacher Action Plan in conjunction with your mentor or a Professional Renewal Plan at the beginning of your 5-year renewal cycle.
4. To have taken the required Exceptionalities course, as required by the State.
5. To file a state renewal form and one-time fingerprints check (CHRC) before the end of the school year in which your certification expires.
FAILURE TO COMPLETE THIS PROCESS PUTS YOUR JOB IN JEOPARDY
Time Line: Meet with your representative before October 1. If you need further assistance, contact Emily Moll at Harriet Beecher Stowe at 319-1960, ext. 5128.
The Steering Committee meets monthly and our meeting dates will be posted in your school in the teacher’s room.
CERTIFICATION LINKS/CERTIFICATION HANDBOOK
Certification Information from the Maine Department of Education at http://www.maine.gov/education/cert/index.html
Certification Handbook (PDF)
Certification Handbook (Word format)
TEMPLATE Weekly Log
Beginning Teacher and Mentor Match Survey
Mentoring Observation Form
Certification Activities Approval Policy
Certification Steering Committee Workshop Presenter Documentation Form
Teacher Action Plan
Teacher Action Plan-Interim Progress Report
Professional Renewal Plan and Documentation Form-PRP (pdf)
Professional Renewal Plan and Documentation Form
Fast Track Recommendation Form
Year-End New Teacher Survey
Mentor Sign-Off Form