2018-2019 Opening for a Principal/Director of the REAL School
The REAL School (http://www.brunswick.k12.me.us/brunswickrealschool/) is well known for its innovative, experiential, and relational approach to special education programming within a therapeutic milieu. As a public day treatment program in the Brunswick School Department (BSD), the REAL School serves students in grades 3-12 from over twelve districts. Students, placed at the REAL School by their IEP teams, have experienced disruption to their education due to the complexity and severity of their disability-related needs.
The BSD seeks a talented and experienced leader with a strong foundation in the following areas:
- Operation of a logistically dynamic setting
- Maine Special Education Laws/Regulations and IEP Development/Implementation
- Specially Designed Instruction in Academic and Functional areas
- Strategies for working with Mental Health, Juvenile Justice, and Child Welfare systems
- Community and family collaboration, outreach, and public relations
- Strong sense of humor
The REAL School Principal/Director reports to the BSD Director of Student Services and is a member of the BSD District Administrative Team. This is a year-round position.
To apply please include a cover letter, application, resume, transcripts, certification (Building Administrator-040 or Administrator of Special Education-030), CHRC, a one page summary of your philosophy of school discipline, and three current letters of recommendation.