Click for 2016-2017 GT Art Application and Rubric: 2016-2017-gt-art-application
What is Gifted and Talented Art?
- GT Art is a year-long program that offers exceptional art opportunities above and beyond the regular art curriculum.
When does GT Art begin?
- GT Art runs throughout the year, and the application process begins early in the fall. This year, applications are due on Wednesday, October 5.
Who is GT Art for?
- Any BJHS student may apply, but room in the program is extremely limited, and is intended for students who demonstrate significant talent and potential in the visual arts.
What happens in GT Art?
- The GT Art program at BJHS currently consists of several in-depth art opportunities and field trips throughout the school year. In the past, events have included trips to the MFA in Boston, duct tape costume construction at Maine State Music Theater, drawing and painting trips, spending a day in a pottery studio, and participating in the ArtVan Fashion Show.
How do I apply for GT Art?
- The application process for GT Art involves the creation of a portfolio of artwork (a selection of a student’s best, most recent artwork) and the writing of an artist’s statement. There will be optional help sessions to answer students’ questions about these requirements on Tuesday, September 27 and Thursday, September 29. See Ms. Bucknam or Mrs. McCarthy for an application. Applications are due on Wednesday, October 5.
Do I have to apply for GT Art every year?
- Even if a student was in GT Art in the past, he/she must apply every year they wish to participate in the program.
How much does GT Art cost?
- GT Art is free for students accepted into the program.