Alexei recommends this YouTube Channel –Vsauce, especially Infinity and Supertasks.
Metrology – The study of weights and measures/Explore this site for great information about Metrology.
Look for Measurement Games under “Made to Measure” tab.
Math in Focus
Listed below are the Math in Focus School-to-Home Connections sheets for each chapter of the Math In Focus Program and a Welcome to Math in Focus letter which describes the math focus for our third grade students. Each chapter sheet focuses on the math language and concepts for the corresponding chapter along with activities you can do at home with your child. I hope you enjoy exploring the math concepts and opportunity to work with your child’s math learning. If you have any questions or comments please contact me at email@example.com.
- Math in Focus School to Home Connections Welcome_letter
- Chapter 1 – Numbers to 10,000
- Chapter 2 – Mental Math and Estimation
- Chapter 3 – Addition up to 10,000
- Chapter 4 – Subtraction up to 10,000
- Chapter 5 – Using Bar Models: Addition and Subtraction
- Chapter 6 – Multiplication Tables of 6, 7, 8 and 9
- Chapter 7 – Multiplication
- Chapter 8 – Division
- Chapter 9 – Using Bar Models: Multiplication and Division
- Chapter 10 – Money
- Chapter 11 – Metric Length, Mass and Volume
- Chapter 12 – Real-World Problems: Measurement
- Chapter 13 – Bar Graphs and Line Plots
- Chapter 14 – Fractions
- Chapter 15 – Customary Length, Weight, and Capacity
- Chapter 16 – Time and Temperature
- Chapter 17 – Angles and Lines
- Chapter 18 – Two-Dimensional Shapes
- Chapter 19 – Area and Perimeter
- Math in Focus School to Home Connections End of Year Sheet
Thank you Sawyer for sharing your Mayan experience at the Museum of Science in Boston.
Explore the Mayan culture Learn more about the Maya (or Mayan)in this easy to use site.