Aspire After School Program at HBS Elementary School
• Open to all students in Grades 2-5. Limited spaces also available to students in Grade 1 enrolled at Coffin School, with daily bus transportation to HBS available.
• Mondays – Fridays from school dismissal until 5:30 p.m
• 3-Day and 5-Day per week options are available
The goals of the Aspire Program are to:
• Cultivate safe, healthy and active bodies through the joy of creative physical movement
• Develop calm & inquisitive minds through an academic culture that fosters the wonderment and explorations of learning
• Share in an inclusive & harmonious environment that engages students in active group activities that promote great social partners
Aspire Program Application: Click for Application!
Please return completed application to HBS main office
For more information, contact: Abby Lockhart, Program Director
To learn more about Riverview’s youth programs, camps and adult programs, go to: www.riverviewmartialarts.org
The Bath Area Family YMCA and Family Focus Child Care Programs offer Before and After School Care. These programs are opportunities for children attending Coffin School and Harriet Beecher Stowe School to interact in an inclusive, child-directed environment. The focus is on learning through the developmental areas of cognitive, social, emotional and physical development, utilizing “play” as the focal point for all learning. Children are monitored and assisted in the acquisition of new skills at their own pace, and develop life skills as they build upon gained knowledge. The staff encourages independence and supports problem-solving skills in a safe, caring environment.
The day is designed with individual and group activities, combined with free and structured playtime. Staff observe and interact with the children for whom they are responsible, always working to maintain an environment that is stimulating and that meets the needs of each child at his/her own level of readiness.
Program staff help to introduce diversity through cultural, physical and economic differences. The goal is to create an environment that is nurturing, encourages respect, promotes self-esteem and fosters trust.
The Family Focus Program is housed at the Administration Building at 46 Federal Street.
The YMCA Program is offered at Coffin School, serving both Coffin and the Harriet Beecher Stowe School (children will be bussed from the Stowe School at the end of the school day and should be picked up at Coffin).
For information about the YMCA:
(program at Coffin School, also serving Harriet Beecher Stowe School)
Phone: Beth Waters: 443-4112, ext. 37