Good evening all,

I hope you had a wonderful weekend. First, I wanted to congratulate everyone involved in Brunswick City Limits!! A special shout-out goes to Chappy Hall for arranging the Horn parts for the “Pain in the Brass” horn section. That is a really difficult thing and he did an outstanding job! I am so proud of all our musicians who sang or played with the ensemble.

There are a few calendar notes to be aware of:

CALENDAR

Tomorrow – Monday

7:00 a.m – Morning Band

2:30 p.m – 5:00 p.m Thursday Jazz

6:00 p.m – Disney Mandatory Rehearsal!!!

PLEASE NOTE! IF WEATHER CHANGES THE MORNING SCHEDULE, MORNING BAND WILL BE MOVED TO TUESDAY!!! IF FOR SOME REASON AFTER SCHOOL ACTIVITIES ARE CANCELLED, THURSDAY JAZZ WILL REHEARSE 2:30 – 4 ON TUESDAY!

Tuesday

(Assuming there are no interruptions to the schedule on Monday)

7:00 a.m – Morning Band

2:30 p.m – 4:00 p.m Tuesday Jazz        

4:30 p.m – Tuesday Prime

5:00 p.m – Luggage Drop off in cafeteria for Disney (see Disney info below)

DISNEY INFO

First, before I proceed, I wanted to take a moment and send you a final “THANK YOU” for all you have done to make this special opportunity for our students a reality. The experiences they are going to have over the next five days will be once-in-a-lifetime. It is going to be a highly educational and enjoyable week.

There have been a few SIGNIFICANT changes to the itinerary. PLEASE take a moment to familiarize yourself with the new info.  Most of it is due to the 2nd flight group. As you may know, Boeing 737 Max Planes have been grounded on all major carriers across the country. Sadly (but clearly for the best), the 2nd flight group was originally set to be 737 max. Southwest was able to rebook everyone on that flight BUT it provided MAJOR hiccups to our itinerary.

PLEASE READ THE Final Disney Itinerary 2019 FOR WEDNESDAY AS IT AFFECTS EVERYONE!!!

Finally, there are still a few outstanding payments that still have to come in. If this applies to you, PLEASE have it resolved by Tuesday.

Don’t forget: Luggage Drop off is on Tuesday at 5:00 p.m in the Cafeteria. Students need to drop off EVERY item they are planning on bringing with them to Florida. This means carry on luggage AS WELL as their checked bags and Instruments.

Due to the change in schedule, we are LEAVING BHS at 1:30 a.m, not 2:30 as we originally planned. We load at 12:45 a.m. 

I believe this is all I have for now. I will be posting to the Remind group throughout the trip (as well as updating facebook with pictures).

I am looking forward to a wonderful week with all of your students. Thank you again for supporting such outstanding musicians in the instrumental program. We really appreciate it more than you know.

T-Minus one month until the All-Town Band Concert!!!!

Have a great week.

~ Mike