Good evening all,

Happy St. Patrick’s Day!

I wanted to keep you up to date about this week and everything that is going on. It is a super busy week for a lot of our students so I figured communicating early made the most sense 😊

CALENDAR

Tomorrow (Monday) 3/18/19

7:00 a.m – Concert Band Trumpet Sectionals

6:00 p.m – Thursday Jazz Ensemble (in lieu of rehearsal Thursday night so as not to interfere with the theater department)

Tuesday – 3/19/19

7:00 a.m – Morning Band

6:00 p.m – Tuesday Jazz

Thursday – 3/21/19

7:00 a.m – Morning Band

8:00 a.m – Van departs for All New England Music Festival Participants (see attached letter)

I STILL HAVE NOT RECEIVED AN OFFICIAL SCHEDULE OR HOUSING INFO! Super frustrating. I will be sending it along as soon as I have it.

Monday – 3/25/19

7:00 a.m – Concert Band Trumpet Sectional

2:30 p.m – MORNING BAND REHEARSAL with Dr. Edelman

During band on the 25th, we will be having a guest conductor. We are welcoming Dr. Phil Edelman from the University of Maine down to work with our students.  Many of our students are already familiar with Dr. Edelman as he was the guest conductor for the District 3 Honors Band this year.  He is EXTREMELY excited to spend the afternoon with our students

6:00 p.m – Thursday Night Jazz

Tuesday – 3/26/19

7:00 a.m – Morning Band

6:00 p.m – Tuesday Night Jazz

Wednesday – 3/27/19

6:00 p.m – MANDATORY meeting for all Disney Trip Participants and their families. The purpose of this meeting is to go over all important details for the trip, provide a final itinerary, and collect important information.  THANK YOU SO MUCH for taking the time to be here for the meeting. I know it is another night out but we really appreciate your attendance so we can have a successful and safe trip!

Thursday – 3/28/19

7:00 a.m – Morning Band

DISNEY INFO

Currently, we are almost all caught up on student payments!!! There is still a little money left to be brought in but we are SO CLOSE!!!! Thank you all so much for all you have done to get your payments in so we can finish paying off the trip! The kids are SO PUMPED and I cannot wait to share this once-in-a-lifetime experience with them!!

If you haven’t seen it, I have created a FAQ on the music department website: http://www.brunswick.k12.me.us/music/music-boosters/ 

This section answers a great deal of the questions we have been asked over the last few weeks. Please feel free to look it over to see if it clarifies some stuff for you.

Attached is a copy of the “Disney Student Info” sheet. It would be super helpful if you were to fill this out (and attach a photocopy of the insurance card) ahead of time. This will make it easier for the nurse to plan medicine and other important details. We want to make sure each chaperone has a clear understanding of their role during the week.

MBDA

WEDNESDAY, APRIL 3rd!

As most of you know, each year all students in the Band program travel to Scarborough to participate in the Maine Band Directors Association Assessment Festival. This large group assessment is the only opportunity our bands get to be adjudicated by nationally known conductors and educators. Please see the attached letter for more info. The details are complete. Obviously this is a performance so students will need to make arrangements for that day.

SPIRIT WEAR STORE

By popular demand, we have another shot at ordering spirit wear. Again, this is not required nor is it a fundraiser. It is just a way for people who are interested to get some gear to show pride in the music program!  The link is here: https://pws.atlanticsportswear.com/product-cat/brunswick-dragon-music-black-black-2019/

Just a reminder, the store will close on the 18th (Monday) and items will ship out next week. You will have them for Disney.

CLYNK!!!!!

This is just a quick reminder that this is the LAST week to bring in Clynk bags and have them count for the challenge (we will still have our account open to drop off the bags…it will just not get matching funds 😊 ). A HUGE THANK YOU to Ellie Berry and Nolan Marblestone who turned in 16 (!!!!!!!) bags of bottles and cans today! We are so close to our $1500 goal! Let’s see if we can get there by Friday.

I believe that is all I have for this week.  Thank you all for your flexibility and support during this “shoulder season”. This month is a HUGE month for everyone and I so appreciate all your hard work, efforts, and enthusiasm.  I am so grateful for each and every one of you. I can’t wait to share this season of music with you at MBDA on the 3rd. Thank you for all you do for our students. I appreciate it so much.

Have a wonderful week!

~ Mike