Good morning all,

As it is concert week, I have been drowning trying to get everything done, hence my lack of a weekly update.

Here are the important updates for this week:

CONCERT TOMORROW

We are very excited to see you all tomorrow for our performance of this series of music!

This fun little checklist is a series of reminders that I provided the kids about the concert tomorrow. If you have questions, PLEASE see me asap and we can take care of your needs!

WHO: All BHS Band students

WHAT: The annual fall concert

WHERE: Crooker Theater, BHS

WHEN: Thursday, December 6th

WIND ENSEMBLE students should arrive no later than 5:15 p.m

CONCERT BAND students should arrive no later than 5:30 p.m

Concert Starts at 7:00 p.m

WHY: To share all of our hard work over the past two months with our friends and parents

WHAT YOU NEED:

DRESS CLOTHING REQUIREMENTS FOR MEN

• White tuxedo shirt (you should own this)
  • Black Vest
  • Black Tux Pants
  • Black DRESS SHOES (no sneakers, please)
  • Black socks
  • Black button cover

DRESS CLOTHING REQUIREMENTS FOR WOMEN

• Black Dress (this should have already been ordered and altered)
  • Black Dress shoes

BOOSTERS UPDATE

First, a HUGE thank you to everyone who helped make last Saturday a success!! We are still adding up the totals and should have a report to you next week. On that note, the Boosters meeting originally scheduled for tonight has been rescheduled to next week so we don’t conflict with a Junior High music concert

CONGRATULATIONS!

Attached, please find a list of students who were accepted into the 2019 Maine Music Educators All State Honors Festival! They are:

Greta Anesko – Orchestra

Zoe Battle – Band

Katie Bojarski – Band

Margaret Chingos – Orchestra

Joshua Flanagan – Band

Darien Gillespie – Band

Chappy Hall – Band

Alex Morse – Band

Anna Parker – Orchestra

Tyler Patterson – Orchestra

Chase Whelan – Orchestra

I am so proud of all of these students, but, more importantly, I am proud of every single one of our students who took the time to learn the various etudes and technical exercises required for their auditions! There are so many instruments that are hyper competitive and it takes a lot of courage to be assessed one-on-one in front of a group of adults. I am so proud of their efforts and preparation. Thank you so much for encouraging each of our students!

PEP BAND

Just a quick reminder: our first pep band game for the basketball season is THIS Friday at 4 p.m.

VOLUNTEERS NEEDED FOR POINSETTIA SALE PICKUP

The 835 poinsettias that Brunswick students sold will be delivered to BHS at 8:30 am on Saturday. We are looking for PARENT volunteers to help unload the plants and oversee plant pick-up at BHS on Saturday!   https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0a4ba9ad23a7fd0-poinsettia

Additionally, we are looking for help delivering plants to local businesses on Saturday the 8th, as well as delivering the donated plants to People Plus on Monday, December 10th! https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0a4ba9ad23a7fd0-poinsettia1

HOLIDAY GIFT IDEAS

I know many of us are trying to put money aside for Disney but every year I get requests for ideas on what to buy a student musician for the holidays. I have put together a list of ideas at various price points in case you were interested. If you need assistance with any of this, PLEASE let me know. I would be more than happy to help out.

DISNEY

Just a reminder that we have a payment for Disney due on Friday, December 21st. We will have some updates about the booster financial contribution VERY shortly.

I believe that is all I have for this week. Thank you all so much for all you do to support our students. I am SO EXCITED to share all of their hard work with you.

Have a wonderful day!!

~ Mike