Good Morning all,
Below, please find a lot of important updates for the next couple of weeks!! It is not only concert season but the start of pep band. We have a lot to bring to your attention:
TOMORROW is our annual winter concert! Below, please find all the important details:
- MORNING BAND Students should arrive no later than 5:30 p.m for their picture
- CONCERT BANDShould arrive no later than 5:45 for their picture
- The doors open at 6:45 p.m
- Performance order is: Honors Wind Ensemble, Concert Band
- Concert Attire:
Men: White tux shirts, black button cover, black vests, black pants, black DRESS SHOES! Sneakers will not be permitted.
Those students in sneakers will not be allowed to perform.
We have dress shoes in the music department for students who need them
Ladies: Black dresses (which should have been ordered and altered by now), Black dress shoes
2. CALENDAR ITEMS
Tonight – Wednesday – 12/6 5:30 p.m – Thursday Jazz Sectionals
6:00 p.m – Thursday Jazz
Thursday – 12/7 7:00 p.m – Winter Concert
Saturday – 12/9 6:00 a.m – Bus leaves for New England Music Festival Auditions
Tuesday – 12/12 7:00 a.m – Morning band
6:00 p.m – Tuesday Jazz
Wednesday – 12/13 4:30 p.m – PEP BAND!!! This is our first basketball game. Shirts will be handed out at this time.
Thursday – 12/14 7:00 a.m – Morning Band
5:30 p.m – Thursday Jazz Sectionals
6:00 p.m – Thursday Jazz
3. NEW ENGLAND MUSIC FESTIVAL
- The van will depart from the Topsham Hannaford at 6:00 a.m on Saturday
- We will be arriving at Cheshire High School in Cheshire, CT by approx.. 10:30
- Students will need to be DRESSED in formal wear – Suits, Black Dresses, etc. No sneakers, no jeans,
- They will need money for lunch and are welcome to bring any snacks
- Students should bring their instrument, a pencil, and a copy of their piece for the adjudicator.
- We should arrive back at the Hannaford parking lot by 6 p.m
4. PEP BAND
A quick reminder that our first basketball game of the season is NEXT WEDNESDAY! This is a “double header” game which means we will be playing both the boys and girls games.
- We report at 4:30 to play.
- The games happen one right after the next with no break.
- Girls start at 5, Boys at 6:30. We should be done by 8.
- Pep band dress attire is: Pep band shirt (handed out next week) and comfortable pants (or, shorts if you are inclined)
I believe that is all the info I have for this week! I am so appreciative of all the time and energy that so many people have put in to making our program successful! From the countless hours spent on the Night of Swing and Jazz to parent volunteers coming in to help organize dress clothing, each and every effort means so much.
Thank you for all you do for our wonderful students. We appreciate it very much. I am so excited to share everything we have worked on for the past several weeks with you. I am very proud of our students.
Have a wonderful week. See you at the concert tomorrow night!!!