Weekly Update – 9/19/17

Good afternoon all,

I hope this email finds you well! Welcome to the first weekly update of the year. Hopefully you find the information contained here useful.

I wanted to start by saying, “Thank you”! Thank you all so much for having your son/daughter involved in the music program and supporting all that they do. I truly believe that four years of participation in the instrumental music program helps promote good citizenship, well-rounded students, and, most importantly, quality human beings.  This program is very much about love, care, and support of one another.

Calendar Updates:

Tonight – Tuesday 9/19/17

• THERE IS NO JAZZ THIS EVENING! We have moved Tuesday jazz to tomorrow (Wednesday nights) to allow as many athletes as possible to be a part of the program

Wednesday – 9/20/17

• 6:00 – 8:00 p.m – Tuesday Night Jazz – Band room

Thursday – 9/21/17

• 7:00 a.m – Morning Band – PLEASE, if your son or daughter drives to school, remind them not to park in the teacher parking lot. There have been several complaints from Faculty about this. I would like to make sure we don’t cause any issues for the teachers.
  • 5:30 p.m – Thursday Jazz Trumpet Sectional
  • 5:30 p.m – Jazz Combo rehearsal
  • 6:00 p.m – Thursday Jazz – Band room

Friday – 9/22/17

• 1:45 p.m – Pep Rally. This is during 7/8 so we shouldn’t have any issues
  • 6:00 p.m – Football Game – Students should be prepared to leave the band room at this time. Jackets will be available and will need to be returned. Please keep your eyes on the forecast for temperature issues that night. It looks to be a mild Friday and a good night for some football!

Attire Concerns

Apparently, Formal fashions is charging an exorbitant amount of money for shipping. If you are not comfortable with the cost, please send your order to me with a check stapled to it (made payable to BHS Music) and I will place the order. Please add a few dollars to help offset the cost of shipping.

Website

Just a quick reminder, the new BHS Music Department website is: www.brunswick.k12.me.us/music

Items

Click on this link : http://www.brunswick.k12.me.us/music/bands/ and scroll for the instrument that your son or daughter plays. Please make sure they have the required items by Friday. (the flipbook and lyre are the most critical) For percussionists, sticks are needed!

Facebook

Please feel free to “like” the Brunswick High School Music Boosters page. There are a lot of announcements that are placed there. If you aren’t into social media, no worries!

I believe that is all that I have for today. I hope that your son or daughter are having a good time so far in band! We are off to a tremendous start! I am supremely proud of them and very lucky to have each of them in the program.

As always, if there is anything I can do to help, please don’t hesitate to contact me! Thank you for all you do for your son or daughter.

I hope you have a wonderful week!

~ Mike