Thank you for supporting
Stowe Community Group!
Who are we?
Stowe Community Group is the parent-teacher-community group at Harriet Beecher Stowe Elementary School (HBS). Our mission is to support the students, staff, parents and the school community. Our purpose is to enhance the educational opportunities and foster a sense of community for all families.
What do we do?
Host free, community building events such as:
- Welcome back picnic on the playground in August
- Winter Gear Give & Take at the September Open House
- Family potluck suppers for each grade in the fall
- Family movie night in the winter
- HBS night at local sporting events
- Ice cream social on the playground in June
Provide funds and/or volunteers for:
- Field trips for each grade (over $8,400 last year), including the 5th grade Plimoth Plantation trip
- Annual contribution to Arts Are Elementary ($2,400 last year)
- HBS student directory
- Teacher and staff appreciation meals, treats, gifts, and gift cards for classroom supplies
- Harriet’s Haven, our school garden
- We Compost It!, our cafeteria waste composting program
- Helping Hands, weekly helpers with teacher projects
- Monthly Walk/Bike to School Days
- Scholastic Book Fair in fall and spring, with family nights for HBS families
- Colors Week in February and other 5-2-1-0 programs to promote heathy habits
Fundraise through events and programs such as:
- Fall catalog fundraiser
- All Elementary School Craft Fair in November
- Bobcat 5K and Family Fun Run in May
- HBS bobcat logo items (t-shirts, hats, stuffed animals, etc.) for sale at select school events
- Box Tops
- CLYNK (to fund our composting program)
…and much more!
Stay in touch with us:
- E-mail email@example.com to join our mailing list and receive our weekly e-newsletter.
- Join our private Facebook group called Stowe Community Group (SCG).
- Visit our SCG page on the HBS website.
- Also…subscribe to the HBS homepage (bottom left sidebar) and be notified about new posts by the school.
All are welcome! Come to a meeting and hear a principal’s report, learn about upcoming events and volunteer opportunities, and meet other people from the HBS community.
- February 8, 2018 Minutes (PDF)
- January 11, 2018 – Minutes (PDF) | Budget Presentation (PDF)
- November 9, 2017 – Minutes (PDF) | Budget Notes
- October 19, 2017 – Minutes (PDF)
- September 18, 2017 – Minutes (PDF)
- June 19 – Approved Minutes & Budget Report 6/19/17 (PDF)
- May 8 – Approved Minutes 5/8/17 (PDF)
- April 3 – Approved Minutes 4/3/17 (PDF)
- March 13 – Approved Minutes & Budget-Report 3/13/17 (PDF)
- January 9 –Approved Minutes & Budget Report 1/9/17 (PDF)
- no February meeting
- November 14 – Approved Minutes & Budget Report 11/14/16 (PDF)
- no December meeting
- October 17 (3rd Monday) – Approved Minutes & Budget Report 10/17/16 (PDF)
- September 19 (3rd Monday) – Approved Minutes 9/19/16 (PDF)
SCG Leaders for 2017-2018
Chair: Shawn Gerwig
Treasurer: Dave Robertson
Secretary: Kathleen Funderburk
Fall Fundraiser – Amanda Similien
All Elementary School Craft Fair – Meg Davis, Becky Kirker
Bobcat 5K – Erinn Rossignol
Box Tops & Labels for Education – Anne Daniel
Hannaford Helps Schools – Kym Shoemaker
Committees & Projects
Community Events: Nichole Eggerling, Meggin Farrell & Amber Gross
Helping Hands: Terrie Cope
Hospitality (Teacher & Staff Appreciation ): Diane Howard, Samantha Marini, Kelsha Payson & Kym Shoemaker
Logo Items: Kathleen Funderburk
Scholastic Book Fair: Anne Daniel & Meggin Farrell
Student Directory: Mary Dinsmore
Sustainability (We Compost It!, CLYNK, Harriet’s Haven, etc.): Kim Bolshaw Noetzel, Keisha Payson, Bonnie Gilman
Volunteer Coordinator (Walk/Bike to School Days, misc. volunteer requests): Becky Wilkoff
Winter Gear Give & Take: Stacey Jenkins, Jill Ellis & Sarah McPherson