Welcome Back! Important information for band students and parents!!!

It’s almost time…

I hope everyone has had a GREAT summer! I sure did but I am excited and anxious for the new school year to begin. I know we will have an AWESOME year together and I’m ready to get to it!!!

As you finish up your “back-to-school” preparations, don’t forget to make sure your instrument is ready to go! If you haven’t done much playing this summer ( 😉 ) , you’ll want to check and make sure that no pads have fallen out, valves and slides are in good working order and that you have a good supply of reeds/oils/etc… to start the school year. If you have questions or concerns or need assistance with any of the above “chores”, let me know! I’d be happy to help!

Parents:
Please be sure to look over the 2012-2013 Performance Calendar. It’s a long list! We have a very active program here at BJH! Don’t be alarmed though! Not ALL performances involve ALL band students. If you aren’t sure which events your child will be involved in, please contact me for clarification.
All BJH Band and Chorus Parents need to complete the Music Department Parent Information Form. You can download it from this site or have your child bring home a “hard copy”. The form needs to be completed and returned no later than September 14. If your child is in BOTH Band and Chorus, you only need to complete one form.

Students:
Jazz Band audition requirements are now posted on the Jazz page. Jazz auditions will be September 6-10. The first Jazz Band rehearsal will be on Friday, September 14.

Wind Ensemble rehearsals will begin Thursday, September 13. Wind Ensemble membership is by invitation for 7 & 8 grade and audition by 6th grade. Please see Miss Anderson if you are interested in participating. There is more information about Wind Ensemble and the 6th grade audition requirements on the Wind Ensemble page!

You may also like...