Announcements Thursday, June 6
The Coding club will meet after school today. Please have a ride ready.
This is a notice from the library. All student library books are due TOMORROW June 6,2019. Bills will be sent out next week for items not returned. This is also the last day for study hall visits.
Next week is Pride Week! Pride is a time to celebrate being yourself, no matter your sexual orientation or gender identity. Q+A Club is sponsoring fun, optional events to celebrate Pride every day next week:
- On Monday, take the Ally Pledge to stand up for LGBTQ friends and family.
- After school on Tuesday meet in Mrs. LeBlanc’s room to watch the movie, Love Simon
- On Wednesday, Q+A club honors all identities by setting up an informative display of various pride flags
- On Thursday, see your words of hope and support for LGBTQ friends transformed into a giant display, and come to Ms. Bucknam’s room after school to decorate clothing and accessories for the Pride Parade
- Friday is Rainbow Day and the Karaoke Dance Party! Everyone is encouraged to wear as much rainbow as possible and join us for a Karaoke Dance Party after school.
- Pride Week culminates in a Saturday field trip to march in the Portland Pride Parade! All are welcome to attend this fabulous and moving event–just see Mr. McNamara, Ms. Bucknam, or Mrs. LeBlanc for a permission form.
If you’d like to help us plan for any or all of that, come to Q+A club this Friday after school in Ms. Bucknam’s room. Have a ride home ready for 3:30. See you then!