Announcements Wednesday, June 5, 2019
It has been an exciting week for 7th grade softball! On Monday, the Lady Huskies took on Lewiston at home. Caitlin Seitz and Jacqueline Taylor commanded the mound, which lead to a 19-6 victory in 5 innings. On offense, Hannah Hamilton had a triple, double, and 3 singles. Kelsey Cassidy added a triple. And, Alexis Morin, Kamden Weisheit, and Annabella Sanderson all added singles. During the game, every person on the team reached 1st base either by a hit or a walk. Then yesterday, the Lady Huskies took the field for the last time facing Mt. Ararat – and defeating them for the 3rd time this season. With Caitlin Seitz and Alana Wakinekova on the mound, along with exceptional defense, Mt. Ararat was kept scoreless for the game. Several times, Mt Ararat loaded the bases, but heads up defense, stopped the advance each time. Every girl on the team played in the field and batted – all contributing to the victory. On offense, Alexis Morin had a triple, double and a single. Kamden Weisheit added a double. And Kelsey Cassidy, Emily Goddard, and Addison Wintle all added singles. The final score was 10-0 in 5 innings.
The 7th grade Lady Huskies ended the season with 6 wins and 4 losses. Congratulations on a great season!
Next week is Pride Week! Pride is a time to celebrate being yourself, no matter your sexual orientation or gender identity. Q+A Club is sponsoring fun, optional events to celebrate Pride every day next week:
- On Monday, take the Ally Pledge to stand up for LGBTQ friends and family.
- After school on Tuesday meet in Mrs. LeBlanc’s room to watch the movie, Love Simon
- On Wednesday, Q+A club honors all identities by setting up an informative display of various pride flags
- On Thursday, see your words of hope and support for LGBTQ friends transformed into a giant display, and come to Ms. Bucknam’s room after school to decorate clothing and accessories for the Pride Parade
- Friday is Rainbow Day and the Karaoke Dance Party! Everyone is encouraged to wear as much rainbow as possible and join us for a Karaoke Dance Party after school.
- Pride Week culminates in a Saturday field trip to march in the Portland Pride Parade! All are welcome to attend this fabulous and moving event–just see Mr. McNamara, Ms. Bucknam, or Mrs. LeBlanc for a permission form.
If you’d like to help us plan for any or all of that, come to Q+A club this Friday after school in Ms. Bucknam’s room. Have a ride home ready for 3:30. See you then!