The purposes of the Association shall be:
- To represent its members as their bargaining agent in employment relations with the Department.
- To improve, promote and protect the economic and professional welfare of its members.
- To improve and protect the working conditions of its members.
- To promote professional attitudes and ethical conduct in the profession.
- To support and encourage continuing education among its members.
- To promote the employment of highly qualified candidates at the entry level of the profession.
- To promote and support excellence in public education.